We obtain personal information in the following main ways:
- personal information you provide directly (such as by registering for an account). When you use our website, we collect information from you in a number of ways. for instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register and manage your account. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our customer message boards or forums. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions
- personal information obtained from other sources (like when you register for an account using a third party service or when you make payments to us using our payment processor). If you use a third party service (such as Google) to register for an account, the third party service may provide us with your third party service account information on your behalf, such as your name and email address (we don’t store passwords you use to access third party services). Your privacy settings on the third party service normally control what they share with us. Make sure you are comfortable with what they share by reviewing their privacy policies and, if necessary, modifying your privacy settings directly on the third party service.
We may transfer personal information of customers to primary third-party suppliers, acting as “data processors” (the “processors”), for the purpose of performing business operations in order to fulfill their contractual obligations. We will make our best effort to ensure that all processors will apply their industry best practice to protect personal information and that they will not use personal information for any other purposes than those agreed with the controllers. Sharing personal information with the processors is necessary for us to fulfil our contractual obligations and, also, to improve the site’s products and services. Users can request an updated list of the processors involved in the processing of personal information relevant to the site’s activities by writing an email to email@example.com. The controllers must always reserve the right to disclose personal information about users as required by law (for instance, in response to law enforcement requests), and where needed to protect the rights of the controllers or their affiliates or third parties.
Moreover, personal information may be disclosed to other companies within our same corporate group, or to third parties in the event of a corporate restructuring process, in full compliance with the applicable law. In any other cases, the sharing of personal information will be conditional upon the preliminary and explicit consent of the user, unless processing is allowed under an alternative legal basis. We will not transfer any personal information outside the european economic area (eea), unless the user has explicitly authorized such transfer or the transfer of personal information outside the eea is allowed by the gdpr on another legal basis.
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- provision of the services: create and manage your account, provide and personalize our services, process payments and respond to your inquiries
- communicating with you: communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and service-related announcements
- surveys and contests: administer surveys, contests and other promotions
- promotion: promote our services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions
- advertising: analyze your interactions with our website so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you
- security: ensure the security and integrity of our services
- enforcement: enforce our terms of service and other legal terms and policies
- protection: protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g. to protect our users from abuse)
- complying with law: comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We share personal information in the following ways:
- affiliates: we share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the services we or they provide
- users: we share with our users data regarding usage by end users of their sites. For example, we provide a user with information about what web page the end user visited before coming to their site and how their end users interacted with their site. This is so users can analyze the usage of their sites and improve their services
- business partners: we may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our services are integrated with their third party services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing
- service providers: we share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage
- process payments: we transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor
- following the law or protecting rights and interests: we disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our terms of service) or prevent fraud or abuse of users. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- advertising: we share personal information with third parties so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness. For example, we may share your pseudonymized email address with a third party social media platform on which we advertise to avoid serving ads to people who already visit our website
- business transfers: if we're involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.